LET'S TURN THIS THING AROUND
We love this planet and we are on a mission to protect it. Saving the planet - its oceans, species, and lands - does not happen somewhere far away, by someone else. It happens here, now, together. 1% for the Planet works every day to drive essential funding to hundreds of diverse nonprofits all over the globe. Join our movement and help turn around the way we treat our planet. Show us your world and what matters to you.
See what others see
The best of our #360fortheplanet videos. Learn how to create and submit your video below for a chance to be featured!
How to take Action
What goes around comes back around. Get involved by posting a 360° video or educating yourself on an issue area below. Remember to use the #360fortheplanet and tag a friend!
Explore your personal planet.
It could be your backyard, the city dump, a view from your favorite hike, a friend’s new skate trick, your child's first steps, the world through your dog’s eyes.
Get out your phone and take a video of your world in 360°. Show us your view, make it a selfie, capture something or someone doing a 360. Get creative!
Post your video to Instagram or Facebook, using the hashtag #360fortheplanet. Don’t forget to tell us why you care about that place, moment or thing. Why does our planet matter to you? Tag your friends who are up for the challenge!
Effective land management is critical to our planet’s sustainability. We work with our partners to help conserve and restore at risk lands. Your donation will be distributed to five nonprofits whose missions focus on:
- Working to secure indigenous land rights
- Conserving and restoring natural areas in local communities and across the globe
- Protecting our right to access publicly owned land
- Helping facilitate and maintain outdoor recreation opportunities
The sustainability of our food systems is critical to our ecosystems, our communities, and our families. The health of our food systems is strained by population increases and diminishing resources. Contributions to this issue area support five nonprofits that work to:
- Reduce food waste through programs that save food and redistribute it to people in need
- Help farmers transition to more sustainable practices
- Bring community gardens to the urban landscape, helping to strengthen local communities and educate people about where our food comes from
- Implement school curriculums that help children understand why sustainable food systems are crucial to our futures
- Research key agricultural strategies that will help to establish more sustainable food production for future generations
Humans have created many of our water related problems, and we feel it is our responsibility to step up and restore our most vital resource. The quality of our water is essential to our health, our economies, and our environment. Our waters are under threat from pollution, development, and growing human population. We have partnered with five nonprofits to fund efforts that:
- Provide access to clean and safe water resources
- Improve the health and sustainability of our oceans
- Conserve, restore, and protect our rivers and lakes
- Safeguard our favorite beaches through regulation and protection efforts
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. Sea levels are rising and our oceans are warming. The land, wildlife, and water we love so dearly are being irreversibly threatened. We need to do more now. Contributions to this issue area will help our five partner nonprofits to take action in:
- Advocating for sustainable climate policies at the local, regional, and national levels
- Providing access to clean energy resources in developing countries
- Helping cool our earth through reforestation efforts that capture carbon dioxide
- Researching and teaching the climate benefits of regenerative agriculture
- Educating people of all ages about the ways they can reduce their carbon footprint
From industrial emissions to toxic dumping in our oceans, pollution harms the environment at a global scale. Did you know that 92% of us actually live in areas where air pollution exceeds safety limits? Pollution threatens the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the land that sustains us. With the help of our nonprofit partners, we seek to combat all forms of pollution. Your support will go to five nonprofits that are:
- Reducing microplastics in our natural environment
- Educating students about a zero-waste world through waste-reduction programs
- Preventing disease by reducing our exposure to toxic pollutants
- Advancing how products are made to create a healthier, sustainable future
- Helping increase recycling rates to make recycling more of a societal norm
A healthy planet depends on a multitude of diverse organisms living together and functioning as one interconnected system. Humans, animals, fish, plants, soil, and water are all interdependent, and it is this diversity that allows for a sustainable existence for us all. However, many species are now at risk due to environmental degradation. Our wildlife fund focuses on protecting the species that need our help most. Your aid, allocated to five nonprofits, will help to:
- Protect the world’s most endangered species
- Conserve and protect bird and insect habitats and populations
- Ensure the welfare of marine wildlife through crisis response, rehabilitation, and research
- Provide technology that helps manage wildlife conservation areas
Help Grow our Global Movement
Your contribution helps to accelerate smart environmental giving.